Investor Visas

Visa Options Through Investment

Below are two options for starting and running a business in the U.S

E-1 Trade Visa/
E-2 Investor Visa
L-1 New Office

E-1 Trade Visa/E-2 Investor Visa

The E visa category allows foreign nationals who are citizens of treaty countries to start businesses in the U.S. There are two types of E visas. The E-1 Visa is for foreign nationals who engage in substantial international trade of goods, services, or technology between their home country and the U.S. The E-2 Visa allows foreign investors to direct and develop a U.S. business in which the investor has either already invested or is in the process of investing substantial funds. E visas are valid for 5 years and E visa holders are admitted to the U.S. for two year periods. The foreign national can renew the E visa indefinitely as long as they continue to maintain an E business in the U.S.

L-1 New Office Visas

The L-1 Visa enables foreign companies to transfer managerial, executive and specialized knowledge employees to a U.S. subsidiary, affiliate or branch who have been employed at the foreign company for at least one year. If the foreign company wishes to open a new U.S. branch, affiliate, or subsidiary, Immigration will allow for the transfer of one managerial or executive employee to open and manage the new U.S. entity through the initial start-up phase.